Hello internet buddies! I’m a movie addict, and today’s entry is about 5 movies i watched this month and that i would love to share with you today.
1) Tomboy (2011). I read a critic of this french movie on a magazine few years ago, only to borrow it from a dear friend of mine this October. And i must admit the movie is even better than it’s review. A touching story, a beautiful movie and incredible actress Zoe Héran.
2) My cousin Vinny (1992). My Cousin Vinny is probably one of the most brilliant comedies i watched lately. There is simply so much to love about this movie.
First, this is not simply a slapstick comedy, the dialogue in this film is terrifically funny. The writers were able to turn a boring courtroom script into something extremely witty. Such an underrated comedy.
3) Wadjda (2012). The movie was the first feature film shot entirely in Saudi Arabia and the first feature-length film made by a female Saudi director (Haifaa El Mansour), the story itself isn’t attracting but the circumstances of the shooting, the reality the movie captures and the genuine acting of Waad Mohammed, who plays Wadjda turn this flick into a must watch. I saw the complete film on YouTube ( here’s the link ), and i think it beautifully portrays the Saudi women and how things are slowly changing.
4) Antoine et Antoinette (1947). Jacques Becker transformed this french wafer-thin comedy romance into an encapsulation of the Parisian working class.The story gets under way when a valuable lottery ticket is lost, sending hero, heroine and us into a tizzy. If you enjoy good old’ black and white comedies, make sure you watch Becker’s movie.
5) What a wonderful world (2006). “Moroccan actor/director Faouzi Bensaïdi’s promiscuously stylish film is a new vision of an old culture, unveiling an uncommon Casablanca caught in a world-wide web of associations and consequences.” (source) The genre of this movie is a little black, but it turns the movie into something visually inventive (i especially liked the James Bond 60’s inspired theme).
What movies did you especially enjoy this month? Feel free to comment in th section bellow, to share and like. Best vibes, xo