1) Get strong, not skinny! Exercise daily, or weekly depending on your schedule, goal and motivation but never go on a diet to ‘lose weight’, if you decide to go on a diet (based on your doctor’s prescription), do it so you can have a healthier lifestyle and a fit body. Skinny is ugly, dumb and disgusting, strong isn’t.
2) Think water ! Drink at least 2L of water a day, it’s the best gift you can give to your body. Forget about soda and coke, and prefer water, infused tea and freshly pressed juice.
3) Embrace the laughter therapy every day! An old Yiddish proverb says, “What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.” A good laugh can be compared to a mild workout, as it exercises the muscles, gets the blood flowing, decreases blood pressure and stress hormones, improves sleep patterns and boosts the immune system. I recommend you check this article : “7 health benefits of laughter”.
4) Instead of chosing diet, read Ivan Gavriloff’s book “Dine with a fork” and follow his great ” Fork it ” concept. Forget about all you can’t eat with a fork, including Nutella, peanut butter and chips.
5) Start the day with an apple, or apple juice. “One apple a day, keep the doctor away” might be a little exaggerated but the fruit is rich in vitamin A, B and C, in oligo-elements and fructose, so it can be great boost for your day.
6) Copy your kitty cat. Learn to do stretching exercises at the moment you wake up. It boosts blood circulation and digestion, and eases back pain. You can also include some ab workouts or push ups.
7) Sleep better. Stop the yo-yo sleeping habit: 9 hours of sleep today and only 5 the day after. Be consistent, if 5 hours of sleep are enough resting time for you then stick with the same amount of sleep, the same goes for longer amounts (shorter can’t be normal, if you have less than 5 hours of sleep a day, you should seek help immediately).