There are many people out there trying to spread love, peace and harmony in this cold and cruel world we’re living in. People who devoted their time and energy to create a movement, an association, a motivational trend… so they can get more people involved around the world. So here’s a brief list of the 10 causes I think you should absolutely know about:
1) The world needs more love letters: This one cause really inspired me because i believe that such random acts of kindness can absolutely make someone’s day as some people do need a little friendly reminder of how great they are. ‘The world needs more love letters’ is all about writing an anonymous love letter and leaving it in the wild for someone else to find, it sounds easy but it can really help people learn that love is unconditional and isn’t just about loving a partner, but also loving everyone around you and letting them know about it. It slightly reminds me of Book crossing where you do exactly the same besides it’s a book, really inspiring indeed.
2) NO H8 : The No H8 campaign is an american charitable organization with the main goal of promoting gender equality and gay rights. I think everything about this cause is self explanatory: hate needs to be stopped because everyone is equal and no one should be judged based on his gender, race or sexual orientation.
3) SlutWalk : is a transnational movement of protest marches which began in Canada, with subsequent rallies occurring globally(France, Costa Rica, Brasil, India…) . Participants protest against explaining or excusing rape by referring to any aspect of a woman’s appearance and call for an end to rape culture. It’s a good opportunity for me to give a huge shout-out to SlutWalk Morocco and all its amazing efforts.
4) Do something : The reason why i love this campaign so much is that it’s not a single campaign, but a platform for people all over the world to choose a campaign and share it with others in their hometown and be the change they’d like to see. I encourage everyone to go through their website as you can find lots of interesting ideas of how you can change things around you and be active instead of just liking a page or a status.
5) Stop bullying : Bullying is one of the main causes of school dropping, depression, youth suicide and depression. People who got bullied severely, even if they survive high school, keep sequels throughout their entire life. Therefore, getting aware of this situation is highly important.
6) The Ian Somerhalder Foundation : .The amazing IS FOUNDATION aims to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures. Check out the Get involved section and see what you can do to help: donate, fundraise, volunteer, share ideas…
7) #Be somebody : #Besomebody is the World’s Platform for Passion, with passion-centric content reaching over 4 million people in more than 180 countries every week. From a motivational mantra into a first-of-its-kind global platform that enables people all over the world to explore, discover and unleash their passions, Be somebody is really an amazing opportunity for people to live with a passion and inspire others along the way.